Thousands of Britons to be flown home after Tunisia massacre

0
183
Tourists comfort each other after the mass shooting in the resort town of Sousse, a popular tourist destination in Tunis, on June 26, 2015 (AFP Photo/Fethi Belaid)
Thousands of British tourists were being flown home Saturday after the Tunisian beach massacre claimed by the Islamic State group, travel firms said.
Most of the 38 people killed in Friday\’s massacre were British, the Tunisian Prime Minister Habib Essid confirmed.
The mass shooting occurred at the five-star Riu Imperial Marhaba Hotel on the outskirts of Sousse, about 140 kilometres (87 miles) south of Tunis.
Travel companies Thomson and First Choice, part of the TUI UK group, said their customers had been caught up in the massacre.
"While the situation on the ground remains fluid, we have… had confirmation that a number of fatalities and injuries are Thomson and First Choice customers," said a statement issued by the companies.
The statement added that ten Thomson Airways flights would be repatriating about 2,500 Thomson and First Choice customers.
SOURCE: AFP

Leave a reply

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close